Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cheese Fest

One might hear "artisan cheese festival" and think, "that sounds like a fun thing to go to." I hear it and think my heart may stop from sheer bliss.

Being stuck in a room with several hundred fellow cheese nerds, all celebrating the most perfect food known to man? Yep, it was rough.

Here I am holding a plate of butternut squash pudding with bruleed Redwood Hills Crottin. Technically, I was on the job. But I still managed to sample some of the goods- for purposes of quality control, of course.

In between plating, I gobbled down an asparagus and blood orange salad from Harvest Moon Cafe in Sonoma, featuring Laura Chenel's Chevre.

And right after that I sampled a bit of everything from the cheese buffet. Don't be fooled by the flower arrangements. Behind those breadsticks were dozens of platters of artisanal cheeses. I can die a happy woman.

I hope to see you there next year, unless, of course, you have an issue with goat cheese. Or are lactose intolerant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were meant to blog. It has inspired me to start my own blog on barrie dentist

online pharmacy

Anonymous said...

Did you heard what Rob Matts said about that?

online pharmacy

Ravenous Woman said...

Thanks for your comments. Keep reading!

Matt Miller said...

I want to try that Chevre. And the stinky stuff.