Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Highlights from the Met


It's been a busy couple weeks moving. I'm still coming up for air, so let me take this time to reflect on a day trip in New York I haven't shared with you yet. A jam-packed afternoon leaves us with art for days! (And that buys me time to unveil my new studio with you once I finish unpacking.)


During my visit to New York, I stopped in one of my favorite places in the world. For those of you who haven't been to the Met yet, put this on your list!


Just about every time I go, I hit up a tour or two, or in this case, three. Here's a glimpse from Museum Highlights, the best tour if you are new to the art or Met scene. I've taken this tour several times over the years, and each docent takes me to a different work. But each visit leads me to my personal favorites- the Louis Comfort Tiffany windows and the Egyptian Temple of Dendur.



The original entrance to the Met in 1880.















Have you ever visited the Met? What was your personal highlight?

2 comments:

Katie said...

aww, lady! wish i'd known you were in town! looks like fun.

Ravenous Woman said...

I still have stuff from my visit I haven't shared! Stay tuned ...