Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday Mornings

I'm not usually a morning person, but weekends have me waking up early to feed my neighbor's horses.

What started as a chore has become a peaceful, almost zenlike approach to the day. I appreciate the intention it brings and any moment to connect with animals is a good one in my book.



These are my "neigh"bors Entrigue and Val, so you can catch a glimpse of their cute faces before they get covered in fly masks.




Entrigue doesn't like to come up for air until he's had every morsel of his breakfast.




I then take a moment to admire the vegetable garden. (Not my work of course- my thumb is more gangreen than green.)

The last chore is letting out and feeding the chickens.



And trying to stay out of the rooster's way. I don't know him very well, but he always seems to be in a bad mood.


Not me! I'm looking at the best start to my day.

No comments: