Saturday, December 10, 2011

Capturing Hoar Frost From a Moving Car

I know I just got back from Colorado, but it seemed time for another adventure and my itchy feet were ready to go.  For the first time, I'm visiting the northwest to see my aunt and uncle in Washington.  The first leg is getting through Oregon.  I say that like it's a chore, but it has been one of the most beautiful drives I've ever experienced.

The world became very frosty just north of Madras.  Dipping your trees and high desert grasses in sparkly hoar frost is not a bad way to greet a girl you've never met.  I was on a deadline, so I stuck my camera out the window to see what I could get.  Oh, and did I mention this was also along the original Oregon Trail?









Nice to meet you, Oregon.  So glad this time, I'm not struck with smallpox like I was during the computer simulations in grade school.

No comments: