Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Exploring the Yakima Valley

I looooove Washington.  It reminds me of northern Wisconsin.  So much is devoted to hunting and fishing, the outdoors, the wild.


Ben and Martha took me to Trout Lodge, an adorable inn and restaurant with owners who sat down to chat with us between their duties.




Love the goldfish croutons.


... and the Christmas cheer ....


... and the decor ...


... and the wall of hunting honors collected over 25+ years.



After our sandwiches and 3 rounds of coffee refills, we headed to the Okanogan and Wenatchee National Forest to take in a winter hike and see the pristine reservoir.



Then back to Trout Lodge for blackberry cobbler.  It was still open.


We headed home and pulled off to see a group of mountain goats feeding.  Isn't their camouflage impressive?


My zoom isn't great, so here's a little chart to help.


If the fog lifts, I'll get a glimpse of Mt. Rainier!  But that also means I'll have to say goodbye to the hoar frost.  I'm not ready to say goodbye to anything at this point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the way you write the story with photos. Love seeing the places we often go through your eyes.