Sunday, February 12, 2012

I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Yesterday, a good friend told me the sad news that Whitney Houston died in her hotel. My heart broke. I immediately burst into tears and am still fighting them. I'm devastated that such an incredible woman's life had to end so abruptly and tragically. She meant a lot to me as a musician from when I was a little girl- my first purchased CD was her debut album, my first slow dance was to her version of "I Will Always Love You." I don't remember the guy, but I definitely remember swaying to the song.

I never tune in to the Grammy's, but tonight I have to pay tribute to the artist who continues to inspire me. I've had a Lessons from Whitney post brewing in my head for weeks that I plan to publish soon.

In the meantime, one of my all-time favorite songs, from one of my all-time favorite people ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH3giaIzONA


No comments: