Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Getting Back!

I've been in a good mood this week. The days are longer, the world is warming up, and last but not least, my elbow is finally showing some signs of normalcy!

Last night I went to yoga for the first time since my fall in January. It is an amazing feeling when your body has been limited and you start to feel like yourself again. Unflexible, worst-in-the-class me. It was wonderful. I still have a long road ahead of me, since even downward dogs got me winded. My elbow creaked and cried out to let me know what wasn't working. I listened. I'm going to be listening to my body a lot more now, if there's one thing I learned from the injury.

I'm normally self-conscious in these settings due to my total lack of coordination and grace, but it felt absolutely amazing to be back doing all those little things you take for granted. I backed off and took it easy, I felt grounded, and for the first time, I didn't want to cry. Yoga makes me very emotional and at some point in a session I usually have a cathartic cry.

Not this time! There's little to cry about when the sun is out till almost 8 and you have an elbow that can stretch out 95% straight.

And the icing on the cake- I'm at the airport waiting to board a flight to New York City! I am ready for a week filled with coffee, friends, laughter, blossoms, and the hustle and bustle that I've been missing so much. And yes, I will tell you all about it.

Will catch ya on the flip side of the coast!

No comments: